This post comes from Hemmings blog
Looking far more modern than any Stutz I’ve seen "save for perhaps the revival Stutzes of the 1970s" this 1930 Stutz Model M (the rear of it, at least) appears to come tantalizingly close to the shapes and forms used on the Chrysler Thunderbolt and the myriad other long, low, partially streamlined cars of the late 1930s. From the seller’s description:
"Professionals appreciated Stutzs leadership including New York City coach maker Adolph Schneider. Born in Germany in 1896 Schneider emigrated to the U.S. in 1913 joining two sisters already living in Brooklyn. A year later he went to work for Sharebolt Manufacturing Co. where he learned the trades of the custom coach maker from the ground up. After a brief period with Locke he opened his own shop as a journeyman metal former in 1930. He would continue at the trade until retirement a half century later. About 1935 Schneider built his first personal custom. He used a Stutz chassis. Two more followed culminating in the remarkable 1930 Model M-based coupe offered here. Built in 1938 on the long wheelbase MB chassis it incorporates a number of details including the roof skin and trim made of stainless steel a material with which Schneider worked in many projects for the government and Navy. The Stutz radiator is moved far forward to line up with the front of the tires and flanked by headlights and parking lights recessed in nacelles. The boattail rear deck encloses a huge trunk said to have been used by Schneider to deliver fire truck fenders doors and roof assemblies formed in his shop to the Mack fire equipment factory in Long Island City a long term customer. The dashboard continues Schneiders use of stainless while the steering wheel appears to be cast aluminum. The smooth-sided body has no visible running boards but hidden ones extend automatically when the doors open. The Schneider Stutzs workmanship and ingenuity are exceptional no doubt contributing to its acquisition in 1976 by Rudy Creteur former chief designer at Rollston and owner of its successor Rollson. In the mid-80s it was restored for Creteurs daughter in the shop formerly owned by Bob Gassaway where Schneider had worked until his retirement the work being done to the highest standards."