This blog post comes from Hemmings blog
One of the most recognizable and beloved automotive mascots of all time is Rolls-Royces famed Spirit of Ecstacy. Sculpted in 1911 by Mr. Charles Sykes and reportedly modeled after Ms. Eleanor Thornton, this symbol came to signify Rolls-Royce as much as the automakers neoclassic Pantheon-inspired grille and double-R emblem, all of which are still seen on todays Rolls-Royce automobiles.
Oversized versions of the Spirit of Ecstacy were prominently featured in the most prestigious Rolls-Royce showrooms in the 1930s, where they complemented the originals adorning the cars radiator caps.
English firm Priory Fine Arts is now offering their interpretation of the original Spirit of Ecstacy Showroom Sculpture, which they have carefully refined in details from the original that they based it upon. These sculptures, which stand more than 26 inches tall and weigh 39 pounds, are part of a limited edition series, and are available in bronze, silver-plated or gold-plated finishes (the latter two being available at extra cost).
By the way, if youd like to check out one of the original showroom statues, the Classic Car Club of America Museum at Gilmore in Hickory Corners, Michigan, has one as part of its Mascot Collection, donated by Marvin Tamaroff (see The Collectors, HCC #2). The Museum is open between May 1 and October 1, so plan your visit for next Spring.