Youth Program - Car Story & Playtime
Rev up your engines and take your little ones for an adventurous, imaginary journey. Children six years and younger will engage in a story and creative playtime with their accompanying adult.
Second Tuesday of the month from 10:30am – 11:30am
Children 6 and under with accompanying adult
Free with Admission
Fall 2013 Car Story Play Line Up
- November 12, 2013 – Picture Your Car
Reading If I Built a Car by Chris Van Dusen & Creating an image of our own car.
- December 10, 2013 – Racing Wrap
Reading Cars Galore by Peter Stein & Creating our own creative car wrapping or cards for the holiday season.
Build, tinker, and learn together as you explore the world of cars. Every fourth Saturday, you and your child, grandchild, or family will spend quality time together designing, creating, or exploring cool car concepts.
Fourth Saturday of the month from 11:00am – 12:00pm
Geared to families, targeted for ages 5-12 and their adult
Members: $5 per project team – admission is always free; Non-Members: $8 per project team – plus admission; extra activity kits available for an additional fee
Winter Family Workshop Line Up
- December 28, 2013 – Pinewood Derby Challenge
- January 25, 2014 – Sail Car
- February 22, 2014 – Mouse Trap Car
Spring Family Workshop Line Up
- March 22, 2014 - Balloon Racer
- April 26, 2014 – Electric Car
- May 24, 2014 – Propeller Car
Summer Family Workshop Line Up
- June 28, 2014 – Summer Solar Explorations
- July 26, 2014 – Summer Solar Explorations
- August 23, 2014 – Summer Solar Explorations