Design, build, tinker, and learn together as you explore the world of automobiles and its relation to science, technology, engineering, and math. On the third Saturday of each month, you and your child, grandchild, or family can spend quality time together exploring activities available in the Education Studio and Family Zone.
Third Saturday of the month from 11:00am – 4:00pm
Geared to families, appropriate for all ages
Free with admission
- January 17, 2015 - Pinewood Power
Test out your own pinewood derby car on our track or use the Museum’s pegged chassis and weighted blocks to conduct an experiment relating to mass and speed. Learn from guest presenters about how to increase potential energy by reducing friction and drag. Get inspired by viewing award-winning vehicles and creative designs.
- February 21, 2015 - Recycled Vehicles
- March 21, 2015 - Robotic Vehicles, Part I
- April 18, 2015 - Robotic Vehicles, Part II
- May 16, 2015 - Electric Vehicles
- June 20, 2015 - Road Trip Challenge
For more information, please contact the Education Department at email@example.com or 253.683.3978.