Roving stilt dancers and the smooth sounds of steel drums will welcome you when you arrive at the Museum. Once inside, you will enjoy dazzling drinks accompanied by aerialist champagne service and an exquisite silent auction. Gourmet cuisine from El Gaucho and a Brazilian samba show will set the stage for a thrilling live auction highlighted by a 1968 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu custom convertible. You will have the opportunity to purchase a "Key to the Future" during the Raise the Paddle portion of the auction in support of the Hagerty Education Program at America's Car Museum to preserve America's automotive heritage. Dance the night away to Cambalache Salsa, Seattle's premier salsa band, before experiencing a fireworks display unlike any other!
Purchase your tickets now to attend CARnivale! on Saturday, June 7, 2014 to see all of the amazing items in person.
Special thanks to all of our donors participating in supporting this year’s fundraising event.
To donate an item for our live or silent auction, contact Caitlin Keely, Signature Event Coordinator, at Caitlin.Keely@LeMayMuseum.org or by calling 253.683.3957.
Custom 1968 Chevelle Convertible 364 cu.in./403 HP LS2, 6 Speed Manual
A wolf in wolf’s clothing – this cutting edge Pro-Touring machine successfully cloaks a 2007 Corvette Z51 convertible in the style of an all-time classic. Beneath the custom Blue Metallic paint beats an LS2 364 cu.in./403 horsepower engine dressed up in polished stainless and blue carbon fiber finished trim. Backed by a 6-speed manual transmission, the LS2’s performance augmented with power steering and breaks, coil over independent suspension and heavy duty engine and transmission cooling systems. The all-vette leather interior includes a power top, tilt, cruise, AM/FM CD player, and air conditioning.
- Year 1968 Transmission 6-speed Manual
- Make Chevrolet Color Planet Blue Metallic
- Model Chevelle Interior Black Leather
- Body Convertible Suspension Coil Over IndependentEngine 364 cu.in./402 HP LS
Special Thanks to: Nicola Bulgari, ACM Board Member
The Chevelle will be sold during the live auction on the night of June 7, 2014 at CARnivale! Interested in submitting a bid? Contact Caitlin Keely, Signature Event Coordinator, at Caitlin.Keely@LeMayMuseum.org or by calling 253.683.3957 to find out more information.
- 5-night stay in a superior city view room (1 king or 2 twin beds) at the Copacabana Palace Rio de Janeiro, an Orieng-Express property
- Dailty full Brazilian breakfast for 2
- Choice of 1 experience for 2: private Samba dance lesson OR Chef's Table dining experience with wine pairing
- Round-trip coach class airfare for 2 to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil*
- Winspire booking & concierge service**
Holiday Getaway in Cabo for Six
Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance for Four
On the third Sunday in August each year, about 200 of the most prized collector cars and motorcycles in the world roll onto what is often called the best finishing hole in golf — the famed eighteenth fairway at Pebble Beach. Tire meets turf and transformation occurs: the stage is set for one of the most competitive events in the automotive world. The occasion is the prestigious Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance.
First conducted in 1950, the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance is often said to be the world’s premier celebration of automobile restoration. Only the most beautiful and rare automobiles are invited to appear on the famed 18th fairway of Pebble Beach Golf Links.
This incredible trip for four includes:
- Four tickets to the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance.
- Four Tickets to the Gooding Collector Car auction on Sunday evening.
- Thursday night dinner with David Madeira and Dominic Dobson.
- Four night’s accommodations for two couples, Hyatt Regency Monterey at Del Monte Golf Course.
- Four Flagroom Tickets at Mazda Raceway Leguna Seca with former Indy 500 driver Dominic Dobson.
- Meet and greet opportunities throughout the weekend.
Excludes airfare and car rental. Date specific August 14-18, 2014.
Special Thanks to: Gooding & Company, LeMay – America’s Car Museum, and Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
LeMay – America’s Car Museum 5-Liter Wine Collection
Don’t miss the opportunity to bid on this one-of-a-kind 5-Liter collection. The artisans from Fresh Northwest Design have etched and sand-carved each bottle with artwork showcasing the Christine and Karl Anderson Plaza and impressive entrance of LeMay – America’s Car Museum during one of many Club Auto Tacoma Cruise-In Evenings. This unique wine collection highlights the beloved event enjoyed by our Club Auto Member community. These popular membership events provide car enthusiasts with the opportunity to enjoy an evening at ACM, special access to the museum, and the opportunity to display their car on the plaza.
Five premier Washington state wineries make up this signature wine collection. The ultimate item for the serious collector of vintage wine and automobile art.
- 2010 Dunham Cellars Syrah, Lewis Vineyard
- 2012 Hedges Family Estate Red Mountain, Red Wine, Red Mountain
- 2011 Leonetti Cellar Cabernet Sauvignon, Walla Walla Valley
- 2011 Sparkman Cellars Kingpin Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2011 Woodward Canyon Cabernet Sauvignon, Walla Walla Valley
Special Thanks to:
Dunham Cellars / Hedges Family Estate / Leonetti Cellar / Sparkman Cellars / Woodward Canyon / Fresh Northwest Design / LeMay – America’s Car Museum
Experience Indy 500 –The Greatest Spectacle in Racing for Two Couples
You've heard it before, but every word is true: "The Indianapolis 500 is one of those events you must experience at least once in your life."
The world’s most famous and prestigious auto race has taken place annually since 1911 at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Save the date for Memorial Day weekend, Saturday May 23 – Monday May 25, 2015.
Two couples will be the exclusive guests of Dominic Dobson, former Indy driver and LeMay’s National Corporate Relations Director, who will serve as your host at the “500” – the world’s largest single-day spectator sporting event.
- You and your guests will be hosted in a private suite to experience first-hand all the excitement of the 500 miles of track and 33 cars screaming for Turn 1 at 220 mph at the green flag.
- You will have exclusive pit passes to see all the action up close. After a day at the track, Dominic will give you a personalized museum tour of The Indianapolis Motor Speedway museum.
- Your Indy weekend includes two night’s accommodations at the Marriott Downtown Indianapolis. Be among the celebrities from movies, TV, music and sports who flock to Indy every year. The colors ... The sounds ... The speed. And so much more.
Excludes airfare. Date specific May 23-25, 2015.
Special Thanks to: LeMay – America’s Car Museum
"Desert Yellow Macchia" Dale Chihuly
Combining shapes born from gravity and strengthened by gentle waves, Dale Chihuly's Macchia occupy a place between the fragile and the fortified. "Chihuly's glass is purely about the creation of form, given the reality that glass is liquid when hot and that gravity is a fact of life; when liquid, glass wants to fall, to droop, to sag," remarks former curator Henry Geldzahler. These natural properties of hot glass can be harnessed to create shapes that appear organic and fluid even when cool.
The Chihuly Workshop Studio Edition, Desert Yellow Macchia exhibits supple curves along a softly bowed form, creating an illusion of continuing collapse. Two shades of green "jimmies," small pieces of colored glass rolled onto the golden yellow surface of the form, stand out against a bright red body wrap and accentuate the forest green lip. The work is signed by Chihuly and measures approximately eight inches across.
This handblown Studio Edition arrives with a custom-designed display vitrine and Chihuly alla Macchia, a book detailing the evolution of this series with 104 photographs and an introduction by art historian Robert Hobbs. Alive with the memory of its molten state, Desert Yellow Macchiais an inspiring addition to any fine art collection.
Special Thanks to: Chihuly Studio