ACM is designed to preserve history and celebrate the world’s automotive culture. The spacious facility houses up to 350 cars, trucks and motorcycles from private owners, corporations, and the LeMay collection, which amassed a Guinness Book record of more than 3,500 vehicles in the mid-‘90s.
“Everybody remembers their first car, family driving vacations, a sports car they fell in love with as a teenager,” says ACM CEO David Madeira. “Personal experiences with cars are at the heart of the American experience, and we’re going to showcase more than a century of automotive lifestyle and history as well as the future of transportation.”
The ACM Vision:
- Become the gathering place where automotive enthusiasts from around the globe celebrate America’s love affair with the automobile.
- Create social networks for auto enthusiasts, serious collectors and educational entities.
- Portray present achievements and future directions in the transportation industry, including design, technology and products.
- Develop an education center/library to promote automotive history, restoration and preservation.
The ACM Mission:
The LeMay - ACM is a non-profit organization chartered to preserve and interpret the history and technology of the automobile and its influence on American culture. The museum is dedicated to securing and interpreting the valuable LeMay Collection and to acquiring, preserving and interpreting additional artifacts that explore broad themes of American mobility lifestyle in an instructive and entertaining manner. The Museum will sustain its vital public service through viable, professional operations and complementary alliances.
The ACM Campus:
- 165,000-sq.-ft. museum
- 3.5-acre show field
- Banquet hall
- Meeting space
- Car storage
- Administrative offices
- Adjacent to the Tacoma Dome – just off Interstate 5; annually traveled by more than 7 million motorists
ACM is conceived on the premise that there is an important, unique automotive story to tell about the past, present and future of cars, trucks and motorcycles. As a result, ACM will attract young and old alike, will inspire everybody who enters, and will help educate the drivers of the future.